Dundas Valley Golf and Curling Club, September 29, 2016
Please scroll to the bottom of the page to see some pictures from the event.
The golf course was wonderful. The food was fine. The players were enthused. The weather was "Scottish". It was, according to one competitor, "survival golf at its best". Still, it proved to be a great team builder for members of the Golf Historical Society of Canada.
Congratulations to all the players who bravely managed the elements with skill and patience. Everybody who finished was indeed a winner but here are the actual numbers the players turned in.
1. 66 – Borsellino D., Steward B., Hopkins K.
2. 69 – Duffy J., Lapidus S., Clarke A., Kostandoff
3. 69 – Clarke I.,Buis A.,Emerick D.,Harper R
4. 69 – Petry V., Julie G., Porter. L, Mihm P
5. 70 – Southall W., Donaghey D., Collis F., Kent W.
6. 73 – Dunn R., Chandler D., Marshall
7. 73 – Archer R., Smart M., Thomas G., Hull
8. 76 – Birnie N., Greenfield J., Dick R., Leedham K.
9. 78 – Vossen B., Parker J., Van Buren P., Sanstrum G
10. ?? – Dietz P., Blair. C., Ready P.
11. 34 – Linton W., Hart M., Matlock (nine holes)
Thanks to all the staff at Dundas Valley for their kind and professional service and special thanks to Bill Stewart and Doug Marshall for their leadership of the tournament. Congratulations were offer to Mr. Doug Marshall, retiring President of the GHSC for his many years of faithful service and devotion to The Society.
Thanks to Frank Collis for his fine pictures of this event (see below).
The players gathered for dinner