Are you Planning an Anniversary Celebration for your Golf Club or Course?
For example, maybe your club or course is celebrating its 10th, 20th, 30th, 50th, 100th or 125th year of golf play operation.
If so, let us help you!
GHSC can provide your event planning committee with a fun and unusual historical golf experience for your members.
- We adjust to your needs—full formal tournament or casual play groupings at your home course. Scramble, better-ball or normal format. Or maybe just add a hickory golf skills challenge hole or two for your members, that we’ll manage for you, rather than a full round.
- We’ll work closely with your committee and golf professional to get the best fit for you, including setting the right tee blocks for maximizing playability and fun.
- We can supply hickory clubs and balls, including replica historical balls, if desired.
- Our Hickory Ambassadors will accompany/play with your members and provide suitable on-course training on how to use the clubs.
- A preliminary hickory test round may be added for your committee members to try the “hickory experience.”
- A display of antique golf clubs for your members to enjoy is typically provided at no additional cost.
- Need a speaker for your celebration’s dinner or lunch? We can supply that person too.
- Your members will enjoy the pageantry and dressing up in 1920’s attire. It’s like being in a play or movie.
Golf courses, in which GHSC has been involved in supporting anniversary/special events, include:
Lambton – Rosedale – Muskoka Lakes – Windermere – Cataraqui – Midland – Barrie – Glendale – Oshawa – Scarboro – Dundas Valley – Humber Valley – Gananoque (100th) – Lakeview (125th) – North Bay (100th) – The Thornhill Club (100th)
In many cases, we can arrange for our celebration services to be provided for free or at least at a lower cost, if your club or course will allow our GHSC Hickory Ambassadors/members to participate in your anniversary event or alternatively enjoy a complementary round at your course on another date. We may charge our own GHSC members a participation fee. This overall arrangement reduces your celebration committee’s event cost, provides our Society with some related revenue, and also enables our GHSC members to play historical golf on a course they might otherwise not be able to easily access. This is a win for everyone! (Note: Depending on your numbers, a golf equipment rental fee may apply to your event.)
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation about your planned anniversary event. We’d love to be included in your early planning. You can also download our Anniversary Golf Celebrations Brochure which we have previously distributed to Golf Canada and many Canadian golf clubs.
Mouse over any picture below to identify the related anniversary event. Click on the picture to see a larger image.