This page provides instructions for registering/logging into our system and for making purchases of annual memberships.
Instructions – Choose A or B
A) First-time Purchase/Registration
This assumes you are not already registered in our online system (including an existing GHSC member), in which case you will also complete your online registration.
1. Go to our Memberships – Registration webpage. Select the appropriate membership you want to purchase by clicking on it. At present, this can be either an annual membership or a hickory handicap. If you want both, you need to make a separate purchase for each.
2. You will be presented with a Registration Form. Complete all required information (*) including user id, email address and password. Record this information for future use. Select your payment method (i.e. Stripe/credit card or PayPal) and complete your purchase by clicking Join Us, then Submit. Enter your payment information as appropriate.
3. For those GHSC members who want to register but not currently make a purchase (e.g. maybe they already paid by cheque), we have not yet added that functionality to our website.
B) Already Previously Registered
This assumes you are already registered in our online system, in which case you will bypass registration.
1. Go to Memberships – Login. Enter your user id and password. If you have forgotten your user id, your email account will also work as long as you know your password. If necessary, click on Forgot Password and request a reset email. (If when requesting a password reset, our system can’t find you, you need to choose Option A above and register.) Once your login is properly authenticated, you will be redirected to the Memberships – Account page. You can now proceed to either step 2 or 3 below.
2. Make a New Purchase: You can now go to Memberships – Registration to complete a purchase, including a membership renewal. Select the appropriate membership you want to purchase by clicking on it. Verify/update your displayed registration information, other than user id, email and password. Select your payment method and complete your purchase.
3. Review/Update Your Account: As an alternative to making a purchase, you can review/update your profile and settings using the Memberships – Account page. Here you can update your contact info and also change your password. You can also:
Click on Subscriptions to view your existing memberships. Click on Payments to view your previous payments. Click on Logout to exit the registration system.
Playing Canadian Historical Golf
GHSC members benefit from Canadian historical golf play on the following basis:
- Participating in regular casual and semi-competitive historical golf play events with other members and invited guests. This includes pre-1900 hickory, post-1900 hickory and classic steel play. Tons of fun!
- Acquiring historical golf equipment through purchase or trade with other members through collecting/playing events.
- Tracking individual member’s hickory handicaps through a partnership between GHSC and Golf Canada, and participating in year-long points competitions with other GHSC members.
- Being Hickory Ambassadors and participating in historical anniversary events at private or public golf clubs.
- Providing club repair services to other GHSC members.
- Dressing up in period attire and reliving historical golf experiences.
Access to Members’ Newsletters, Blogs, Etc.
“The Jigger“ is GHSC’s periodic newsletter, traditionally available in printed form. To date, its focus has been on Canadian golf history. GHSC members are encouraged to submit articles on any subject of interest. Since members’ interests cover many different subjects, including everything from collecting old clubs, golf books and memorabilia, the newsletter’s editor seeks out interesting articles and photographs.
“Collector’s Corner” is GHSC’s regular monthly golf collector’s digital newsletter for GHSC members to learn about, buy, sell and trade historical golf clubs and other golf collectibles.
“Of Mashies and Niblicks” is GHSC’s online moderated blog where GHSC members may post their own articles and respond to each other’s posts.
GHSC periodically uses the Mailchimp email platform to distribute important news, newsletters and other information to its members via email. Members may choose to opt out from these communications.
Annual General Meeting
The GHSC Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held each year usually in March, at Golf Canada’s Golf Hall of Fame, located at The Glen Abbey Golf Course in Oakville, Ontario. Attendees are invited to �buy – sell – trade – browse�. All may bring their treasures along. Tables are provided to display your golf memorabilia. An auction typically follows to wind up the day.
Seminars, Films and Other Presentations
Guest speakers are available from time to time, to talk on subjects whether it be collecting, book reviews, or Canadian golf history. Since our membership is broad and knowledgeable, research information is always available – usually just a phone call away.